Lutheran Church of the Abiding Presence (location map
Wednesday, 10:15 AM - 11:00 AM
09/04/19 - 12/04/19 (12 weeks)
This is the classic Music Together® class, one that a child can attend from birth through age five—and through all nine song collections. This basic class follows the recommendations of child development researchers, grouping children of a variety of ages in one class. This approach fosters natural, family-style learning where younger children enjoy watching and imitating older children, older children learn by leading the younger crowd, and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together.
Each child participates at his or her own developmental level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, observing, or exploring musical instruments. We welcome the whole family to join in this important family music experience, and any caregiver—parents, grandparents, nanny—can bring the child(ren) to class.
Each semester includes:
- Weekly 45-minute classes teaching a new song collection every season.
- One (1) CD and unique app code to unlock each semester's songs, rhythm chants, "play-alongs," tonal and rhythm patterns used in class. Music Together curriculum includes 9 full collections - 3 years of new music!
- BRAND NEW songbook illustrated by award-winning artists including Jaime Kim.
- Parent education resources and complete notation songbook.
- New families receive the book Music and Your Child: A Guide for Parents and Caregivers.
To see a mixed age class in action, check out this wonderful video on Music Together Worldwide's YouTube page!