Rhythm Kids is an exciting and comprehensive music, movement, and drumming program that helps children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth to age 8. Created by Tom Foote and developed with Kenneth K. Guilmartin, the Rhythm Kids curriculum is designed to help children develop their rhythm skills and gain a deeper level of musical understanding, preparing them for formal music instruction.
The program includes:
- Learning drumming patterns through playful animal-themed rhythmic chants
- Experiencing and improvising with new repertoire using a range of percussion instruments
- Ensemble and solo singing and drumming
- Playing dynamic group and partner music and drumming games
- Engaging in group movement activities and folk dances
- Creating imaginative movements, improvising patterns, and sharing ideas with the group
- Learning to take charge and lead others (like a conductor) as well as listen respectfully and follow peers/teacher when it is their turn to lead
Your tuition includes:
- Weekly 45-minute classes for the duration of the semester.
- One (1) CD each semester with the songs, rhythm chants, "play-alongs," tonal and rhythm patterns used in class.
- Digital Download Code to access the songs via the "Hello Everybody" app
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs